The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Employment and Training Administration (ETA) announce the date, time, and location of a second workshop on tower climber safety and the Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program
(TIRAP).1 The first joint FCC-DOL workshop on these subjects was held on October 14, 2014.2 The upcoming workshop will include panel discussions focusing on:
- Guidance on best practices for improving tower climber safety,
- The comments received in response to OSHA’s Request for Information on
- Communication Tower Safety (OSHA-2014-0018),3 and
- Adoption of the TIRAP program and telecommunications workforce development.
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler is scheduled to make remarks.
Date: February 11, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: FCC Headquarters
Commission Meeting Room
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554
NOTICE – DA-15-1420A1